trevor the 2nd

Am having a nice weekend so far - slept in this morning after staying up late watching Blackadder and making this little guy:

I made some improvements to the last pattern and made him a little bigger too so it's easier to sew. Have a few final tweaks to do to the pattern and will also stop using calico for the faces as if you look closely this one looks like he's got a huge scar on his face - not attractive.

After my nice sleep-in my boyfriend & I went for lunch at my favourite cafe - it's got mosaic all over the floor and heaps of little paintings on the walls. I had toast with mushroom, avocado, tomato & spinach, yum.

Afterward I went to Darn Cheap Fabrics wanting to get some denim and some non calico face-fabric. They didn't have any of the denim I wanted (I might have to go to Spotlight, boo) but they did have some awesome new fabrics - I have bought some of the fabrics above for up to $27 per metre in other stores, but at Darn Cheap they're all $7.50 per metre - sweet! So I bought a lot for my theoretical quilt that I have been wanting to make for about a year but haven't actually started.

But definitely if you're along Glen Huntly Rd and pretty fabrics are your thing then check it out. Leave some for me though!


emma said...

That little stuffy is so cute! I planned to watch some DVD or something and cratf last night but I fell asleep instead >_<

I've never been to Darn Cheap Fabrics - I think I'll have to make the trip in to check it out though, after hearing about your bargains!

Nikki said...

I'm loving Trevor!!

mushroommeadows said...

I love TREVOR the 2nd!!! :)

OH, can anything get better than: "mushroom, avocado, tomato & spinach"! YUM!!!

amy said...

aww what a cute little face!