my creative space: lazy creating

This week I've been in a bit of a grump. I believe it may have a wee bit to do with the whole working too hard malarkey, and so now I suddenly find myself doing this like lying on the floor of my studio for 2 hours reading really old magazines, or reading the Harry Potter series again (I'm up to number 3!) or planning the most elaborate dinners. Tonight is Vegan Bento night, I'll let you know how it goes.

So, I guess I am trying to take it easy today, business-wise!

The creative bit - awhile ago my cousin (the one with the new baby) confided that she didn't have as much time to wash her hair since Lucy was born, so she wanted headbands. She will love me broadcasting that, I know. I can totally understand how she feels though - usually I can't be bothered to wash my hair either! And since I stopped using fancy conditioners a few years ago (such as Pantene which contains silicone, gross) my hair is decidedly more tangled and birds nest-ish. So I am loving the headband revelation. And they took like 3 seconds to make. And they match my new clothes which I made from the same fabric.

Also I am working on a new clutch purse design... *fingers crossed*

Visit Kootoyoo for more creative spaces (hopefully less lazy than mine!)

16 comments:

Kirsty said...

I'm all for quick-fix hair solutions.

ricebabies said...

You have a lovely blog. I have had my hair in bun or ponytail for well over a year now. You think i would cut it, but i cant be bothered. ha ha

Luisa said...

everyone needs a bad hair day fix!
couple of these in my stash, they are brilliant.

crzylady said...

gotta love headbands!

Sarah. Splish Splash Designs said...

Great idea for a quick hair fix. Mine is usually pretty ratty too!

Unknown said...

Oh yes, the non-washed hair dilemma. I am currently in the same stage...Love the headbands super cute!

Christina Lowry said...

It is always the quick sewing jobs that seem to wait forever at my house. Love the head bands. Quick and practical. :)

helena / little mo said...

the black and white band..looks like you're a collingwood fan!

I think you've got like the cutest nose...just saying...you know?

Penny said...

Haha! For the record, I think my nose is ridiculous. That's all.

Rosalind said...

A girl can only do so much! I was a bit lazy on the creative space today too!

belinda marshall said...

i like your headband. i could never get away with wearing them, which is sad.
whenever i've popped in here you've been on fire, so i feel like it's completely ok to slow down a little!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Cool head wear, love Posie

michelle said...

i like it a lot and i am all for lying on the floor and reading HP
as for being a grump, i hear ya, i'm blaming this relentless hot weather

Snooze said...

fingers crossed too ... i've taken to washing my hair at night because i can't be bothered in the morning ... gorgeous solution

Kim Baise said...

Oh Yes! I have 3 wee ones and a quick hair fix is it!!! This morning I wore a hat to walk my son to school....
These headbands are great. A nice wide one might do to cover up some roots before I get a chance to change my hair color again..... (:

Jessi said...

i spy pocket carnival on the lulu blog! JEALOUS! :)