work in progress

True story: I did an ink drawing class sometime last year. One of those good old fashioned India Ink & pen + nib type classes, which I loved. I took in some sketches to show my teacher Anna, along with a coinpurse so she could get my vibe. I really wanted to work with India Ink so I could be all real artist, so I was the teensiest bit upset when she said something along the lines of 'y'know, I kinda like your stuff on calico the most'.

10 months and much resistance later, I have to say I agree. Watercolour & archival ink pen on calico, nice. Awaiting more paint & some stretching over a canvas frame.

My gorgeous new Daler-Rowney watercolour set, my parents gave it to me for my birthday but I haven't had time to play with it much until now. Thanks Mum & Dad!

Another little something (this one hasn't photographed very well, it's much cuter in person!) Watercolour & india ink on my favourite cotton paper, awaiting a little more paint & some framing action!

(P.S. some new coinpurse action in my Madeit Shop).

2 comments:

Artfulife said...

Oh my goodness! I love your stuff. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope to see you again. (I would love to add you to my links, is that ok?)

Good Girls Studio said...

The little froggy coin purse is adorable!