Christmas is yum

I went on a mad dash yesterday to do some shopping, which happened to coincide with a ridiculously huge rainstorm. Managed to avoid getting too wet by having a coffee in Macro Wholefoods with my aunt - lots of people had the same idea, it was packed in there! In Macro I picked up some nice organic butter, cream and chocolate for some rich dark chocolate truffles.

I went to Phillipas Bakery (yum yum) and picked up these fruit mince pies to take to my boyfriends parents for the beginning of our Christmas family trek & eating bonanza.

I also got some ingredients for making these chocolate/coconut/biscuit balls to give to all the relatives (I have no idea what they're actually called), as well as some stuff to make little mushroom & leek tarts to take to my Grandmas for phase 2 of family/eating bonanza.


Ingredients:
1 packet of Marie or other plain sweet biscuits (250g pkt)
1 tin of sweetened condensed milk (360 or 395g tin - you prob won't use it all)
2 tablespoons of cocoa
1/4 cup of dessicated coconut
extra coconut for rolling in
Instructions:
Crush biscuits in a food processor till they're bread crumb-like
Add in cocoa, 1/4 cup coconut & about half the tin of condensed milk.
Stir it all up - keep adding extra condensed milk until it's like a hard dough
Pick up little blobs of the mix, roll into balls, roll in the coconut and voila!!
So yum. Makes about 50 little balls (depends how big you make them!)
I bought some cute little tubs to put some of these and some of the dark chocolate truffles in as gifts.


Just added to etsy in time for Christmas - Wobbly Jellyfish coinpurse.

Am almost completely ready for 3 day Xmas bonanza - just need to get some wine, finish the chocs and get a couple of last minute gifts... might wait till it stops raining. Must prevent myself from eating all the chocolate balls too.

No comments: