beetle friends!

I've finished making the first batch of Beetle Friends purses, I am so happy with this fabric! I was inspired by the gorgeous striped book cover in this photo on decor8, and wanted to design something bright, colourful & happy.

I originally had in mind a simple floral design to go between the stripes, but I couldn't get the little beetles, which I had originally drawn in my sketchbook about a year ago, out of my head. So, Beetle Friends came to life!!!

You can purchase Beetle Life coinpurses & pencilcases:
On Etsy, or
On Madeit (in $AU)

The purses are all lined in a gorgeous recycled yellow & white flannel cotton, nice & soft.

The pencilcases are a great idea for a back-to-school or starting-school gift for any little people (or big people!) They're great for makeup or sunglasses too!

Please note: fabric design is copyright 2009-2010 Pocket Carnival. Hooray!


daisyfleur said...

That fabric is simply adorable!

Sherrin said...

The fabric turned out so well! It looks great sewn up into pencil cases.

Vickie said...

They're absolutely gorgeous Penny :)

rejenerate said...

These are divine Penny!!

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Happy New year to you! They are gorgeous Penny! Love them xox