my new bag...

... and I'm too scared to use it. I found a new op shop sorta near my house that I've never been to before... they had all the usual dodgy bags, and in amongst them was this.

It reminds me of something you'd see on Antiques Roadshow, not necessarily a very valuable thing, but it's totally gorgeous. It's all handstitched, even a cute little pocket on the inside. And all the embroidery... must have taken someone a very long time to do. The handles have tiny little holes drilled into the wood which the fabric has been sewn into. It's not in the best condition, so I'm too scared to use, I think it will just hang on my door handle and be pretty. It's artwork!

2 comments:

Chrisy said...

Tis a beautiful thing...and i'm sure will look wonderful on display...also a real inspirational piece for any of us who dabble in stitchin:)

edward and lilly said...

It's so fabulous, talk about the find of the century!